Though I probably spent most of my life glued to a TV screen, much to my boyfriend’s annoyance, there’s a number of films and programmes I’ve never seen. But surely, I can’t be the only one, who appears to have lived under a rock for the majority of their life. The list is endless, so thought I’d give a few examples – just to see if I’m on my own with this –
- The original Jumanji – I’ve been told the gist of the original, in that its based on a board game, and not a video game like the 2017 version. I’ve seen the new which I thought was really good to be fair. I know some people haven’t really viewed it this way. But I think the way that’s it been made relevant to todays fast moving technological world is quite clever.
- The Goonies – I can’t even comment to say I have even a vague idea of what it’s about. I know the phrase “hey you guys” is used in it. But that’s about as far as my knowledge stretches.
- Back to the Future – So there’s a man, that travels to the future. The band ‘Mcfly’ got the inspiration for their name from this film. The end.
- Star Wars – No interest, I have.
- Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit – When I was younger, I was always lead to believe you were either LotR or Harry Potter. So the mentality has kinda’ stuck. I know I can watch what I want, but I think I’d be that late to the game and the idea of sitting through it actually bores me. How could I fare with the actual film?
- Fifty Shades of Grey – I probably share this ‘never seen’ with quite a few people. But that’s one bandwagon, I don’t want to jump on.
- Game of Thrones – My better half loves this show, I don’t know I just don’t feel it’s ever interested me. When everyone was going on about Jon Snow, I genuinely thought the channel 4 news reader from the UK had gained some random burst of popularity overnight. You go – channel 4 Jon Snow!
- Breaking Bad – I can’t exactly comment as to why I haven’t, I could even begin to tell you what it’s about to be fair. I’m sure there was something to do with crystal meth?
- Walking Dead – Was this one that started off on Amazon Prime or Netflix? I think it was there were a couple of seasons before I’d really heard of it – so I put it to the back of my mind.
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S – Okay, so I have seen a couple of episodes. But I don’t know – I didn’t really see the appeal. I know who’s who. I watched the spin-off ‘Joey’ but it’s just something I didn’t actually feel was ‘funny’ yeah – I honestly have a sense of humour…somewhere…
There’s probably 100s and 1000s of others of not seen, but I can’t actually think of them right now, so I’m evidently in no rush to see them!
What ‘popular’ films/ tv shows have you never seen?
What films / tv shows could you recommend to watch?